BIGGER PICS

A click on a picture will usually give you a larger image.

Wednesday 13 April 2011

The Emerald Atlas

The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens sounded a great youngsters read. The book jacket mentions affinity to books by CS Lewis, JK Rowling and Philip Pullman.

I immediately thought of Lemony Snicket when I read that it concerned three children who have passed from one orphanage to another until memory of their parents starts to fade.

However, with its 'old leather book' and 'an ancient prophecy' it does sound very like Narnia.

A quick dip-in makes me think it reads well and I look for ward to reading it and reviewing it in the near future.

It's for 10+ and is a hardback at £12.99 and is release on 14th April.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you can get it over there? I'll read it when I can fit it in. Just read 'Pay it Forward' and loved it. Tony.

    ReplyDelete